Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Today's Posts are . . .

. . . here and here.

With respect to the second, Keith Burgess-Jackson e-mails:

I think you nailed it on the question of why the Left is uncivil. By the way, I'm sure you receive letters, as I do, from young people. They say they appreciate my posts; that I make them think; that they love the rational approach to human affairs. (I don't think I'm all that rational!) It makes me feel responsible, knowing that impressionable young people read my blogs.

Precisely because people are impressionable and suggestible, it is important for anyone who publishes to act responsibly. The blogosphere is what we make it. If enough of us inject reasonableness and civility into it, we will keep the barbarians in check. Part of keeping them in check is not allowing them a forum on our websites.