Sunday, February 06, 2005

Nulla Dies Sine Blogposta

I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I ran for two hours this morning, and spent four hours this afternoon battling my chess nemesis, Ron Fox. He outfoxed me again. The post mortem showed that it all came down to a rather minor inaccuracy on my part: I played my b-pawn to b5 rather than to b6. Had I not done that I would have won with my king-side pawn majority while stopping his queen-side onslaught.

"For a game it is too serious, and for seriousness, too much of a game." The same is true of life itself. Not for nothing did Fischer once say, "Chess is life."

Like I said, I'm tired and want to go to bed. But I cannot end the day without a blog post. That's the rule. No day without a post. I model my rule on Kierkegaard's journal motto: Nulla dies sine linea, no day without a line.

And now, to bed.