Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Gadfly's Buzz

I am happy to have discovered this weblog run by Alan Cook. I have placed a link to it on my blogroll. Cook, ABD in philosophy (UT, Austin), takes my side against the irrepressible Kevin Kim in our debate about permanence and impermanence. Cook's take on this debate is here. Cook cites Kalupahana in my favor, which is ironic, since I found myself mostly disagreeing with him during the summer I spent at the Institute for Comparative Philosophy at the University of Hawaii. It seemed to me that he was relying too heavily on Hume to make sense of the Buddhist texts.

Amazing what's out there, floating around in the 'sphere. I agree with this sentiment e-mailed to me this morning by the New Victorian:

My view of the blogsphere is reflected in a quotation from Proverbs: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." The 'sphere has enormously accelerated the sharpening.

Yes indeed. If Leibniz could only see us now.