Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Trinity and Quantum Superposition of States

Henry Verheggen writes:

Since you consider the states of water analogy irrelevant to the Trinity issue, the following is probably also irrelevant. However, I note that in quantum mechanics, a system can be in a superposition of states, that is, multiple states at the same time. When the system transitions to the classical level, only one state is selected. This is the basis of the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, advocated by some prominent physicists such as David Deutsch. The many worlds thesis is a considerably more bizarre idea than the Trinity, in my opinion.

BV: After I study the above links (added by me, not Henry), I will feel more comfortable with commenting on this. So Henry, you are an engineer, was I right about the triple point of water business?