Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Klehr Reviews Horowitz

Sandy Claws, now in the employ of the U.S. Snail, yesterday brought me my copy of David Horowitz, Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left. It looks good, and I'm itching to dive into it, except that I am trying to finish a paper on a rather more arcane topic, namely, a critique of Anna-Sofia Maurin's theory of the compresence relation in trope theory. The title of my paper is "Trope Theory Meets Bradley's Regress." In her oddly titled book, If Tropes (Kluwer 2002), she holds that the relation in question is external to the tropes it relates, but that they are nonetheless internal to it. She develops this idea in response to Bradleyan pressure; unfortunately, it is incoherent, or so I argue.

Harvey Klehr's review of Horowitz is available here.